Last updated: 1st October 2021
All participation and referrals made through this program are subject to and governed by the following referral program terms and conditions as well as the specific card offer terms that correspond with the invitation and referral link you use to invite your friends to participate.
What is the referral offer?
Refer a fellow business owner, according to the terms set out below, and you will both get a $100 referral bonus.
Who can refer people under this program?
You need to be a Capital on Tap account holder or guarantor; supplementary cardholders are not eligible.
In order to receive a Referral Bonus, you must satisfy these Referral Offer and Program Terms and your Card account must not be cancelled or past due on the date the Referral Bonus would post to your account.
Log in to your account and if you are eligible, you should see a Refer a Friend pop-up on the Dashboard of your portal.
Who can I refer:
You can refer any businesses that are:
- brand new Capital on Tap customers (they must not have created a Capital on Tap account before), and
- eligible for a Capital on Tap account (they must be business owners, based in the US).
When can I not refer someone?
You can't refer someone if your Credit Card Agreement has been suspended, cancelled or terminated by us because you are in breach; or we reasonably believe that you have attempted to, or engaged in, any fraud or material abuse related to the referral program.
What happens when I've referred someone?
You’ll receive a Referral Bonus for each person you refer, provided that they use your unique referral link, are approved for the Capital on Tap Credit Card and make a transaction on their card.
The value of the Referral Bonus may be taxable income to you. You are responsible for any federal or state taxes resulting from the Referral Bonus. Please consult your tax advisor if you have questions about the tax treatment of a Referral Bonus.
What happens when you've been referred by a Capital on Tap account holder?
You’ll receive your Referral Bonus within one month of your first transaction.
What other legal information should I know?
- If you think you are owed a Referral Bonus that has not yet been granted then please reach out to our customer support by clicking here, so that we can help.
- We may, at our sole discretion, suspend, terminate or change the terms and requirements of the Referral Program set out here.
Program Violations – Bonus Forfeiture, Termination
- Any violation or abuse of this program may result in the forfeiture of the Referral Bonus and/or your termination or suspension from participation in this program.
- We may limit, cancel, or revoke Referral Bonuses if Capital on Tap determines, in its sole discretion, that you have violated the Program Terms, or if we restrict or close your Card Account pursuant to its associated terms.
- Your Capital on Tap Business Credit Card Agreement sets out the terms of your Card Account and governs all use of your Card and the Refer a Friend Program terms set out here do not in any way amend, supersede, change or replace them.
- Your Capital on Tap Business Credit Card Agreement includes important terms applicable to your use of the Card which continue to apply here. For example, your Credit Card Agreement contains a “Claims Resolution” provision, with a provision regarding binding arbitration that affects your rights with respect to the use of your Card. That provision applies to any disputes between us arising from these terms and conditions.
Changes to the Program or these Terms
- We may suspend, cancel, terminate or modify this program, these terms and conditions and/or any Referral Bonus made through this program at any time in our sole discretion.
- You are deemed to be aware of and bound by such changes by your continued access to or participation in the program.
- We will indicate that changes have been made by updating the “Last Updated;” date located above at the beginning of these terms and conditions. If you do not accept any such changes, your sole and exclusive remedy is to cease participation in the program.
- To the extent different Terms to the Refer a Friend Program are made available at a later time, you can only avail yourself of those specific Referral Offer Terms if you resend your invitation and your friend uses the new referral link you send to apply for the Card instead of the old link.