Last updated: 9th February 2021
Who can refer people under this programme?
You need to be a Capital on Tap Credit Card account holder to participate in the refer a friend programme. Supplementary cardholders are not eligible.
You must satisfy the Terms set out here and your Card account must be active for you to receive the Referral Bonus.
Log in to your account and if you are eligible, you should see a refer a friend pop-up on the dashboard of your portal.
Who can I refer?
You can refer your fellow business owners, as long as people you refer:
- are brand new Capital on Tap customers (they must not have created a Capital on Tap account before), and,
- are eligible for a Capital on Tap account (they must be business owners, based in the UK, with no CCJs against them and a minimum £24,000 annual turnover).
When can I not refer someone?
You can't refer someone if your Card account has been suspended, cancelled or terminated; or if applicable to you, your Business Visa Agreement has been suspended, cancelled or terminated by the pre-paid card issuer; or in our discretion, we think that you have attempted to, or engaged in, any fraud or material abuse related to the referral scheme.
What happens when I've referred someone?
You’ll receive a £75 Referral Bonus for every business you refer, provided that they use your unique referral link, are approved for a Capital on Tap credit card and make a transaction within 30 days of activating their card (either by spending on their card or drawing down funds). This is limited to a total of 100 Referral payouts.
The value of the Referral Bonus may be taxable income to you. You are responsible for any taxes resulting from the Referral Bonus. Please consult your tax advisor if you have questions about the tax treatment of a Referral Bonus.
What happens when you've been referred by a Capital on Tap account holder?
You’ll receive your Referral Bonus within one month of your first transaction. This can either be a card payment or drawing down funds.
What other legal information should I know?
- We can only give a referral reward if your referrals sign up using your unique referral link. If they don't use your referral link, neither of you will be able to get your referral rewards.
- If you think you are owed a Referral Bonus that has not yet been granted then please reach out to our customer support on 020 8962 7401 so that we can help.
- We may, at our sole discretion, suspend, terminate or change the terms and requirements of the Referral Programme set out here.
Programme Violations – Bonus Forfeiture, Termination
- Any violation or abuse of this programme may result in the forfeiture of the Referral Bonus and/or your termination or suspension from participation in this programme and of your Card Account with Capital on Tap.
- We may limit, cancel, or revoke Referral Bonuses if Capital on Tap determines, in its sole discretion, that you have violated the Programme Terms, or if we restrict or close your Card Account pursuant to its associated terms.
- Your Revolving Credit Facility Agreement or Pre-Paid Card Agreement set out the terms of your Card Account and govern all use of your Card and the Refer a Friend Programme terms set out here do not in any way amend, supersede, change or replace them.
- The terms of your Card Account include important terms applicable to your use of the Card which continue to apply.
Changes to the Programme or these Terms
- We may suspend, cancel, terminate or modify this programme, these terms and conditions and/or any Referral Bonus made through this programme at any time in our sole discretion.
- You are deemed to be aware of and bound by such changes by your continued access to or participation in the programme.
- We will indicate that changes have been made by updating the “Last Updated;” date located above at the beginning of these terms and conditions. If you do not accept any such changes, your sole and exclusive remedy is to cease participation in the programme.
- To the extent different Terms to the Refer a Friend Programme are made available at a later time, you can use those specific Referral Offer Terms if you resend your invitation and your friend uses the new referral link you send to apply for the Card instead of the old link.