Published: Sep 02 2022
Last updated: Sep 02 2022
Read time: minutes
In October, I’m taking a month off to travel South America! It’s not just me that gets this opportunity for a break though - everyone at Capital on Tap is able to take a month’s paid sabbatical when they’ve celebrated four years with us. Whether it’s for globe-trotting, dedicating time to a hobby, or relaxing at home, it’s a great time to reflect on the amazing past few years.
Capital on Tap's values
Well firstly, a quick introduction to our company values - we have three:
- Just pilot - recognizing that our job is never done, constantly questioning how we can be better, and building what our customers want.
- Why not today? - ensuring that we move quickly, keep things simple, and take ownership of everything we do.
- Be a Buddy - always thinking of others, doing the right thing, and staying humble.
When we launched our values, I stood up in front of the company and promised that they wouldn’t be just posters on the wall. Well, there are posters (!), but over three years later they are ingrained across the company, in how we hire, how we progress people, and how we recognise our team.
We’re proud of our values and we like to celebrate them! And what better way to do that than through our anniversary rewards? Each anniversary recognises one of our company values:
- Year 1 - Pilot your personal life. After a year piloting new ideas in your first year at Capital on Tap, you can spend up to $250 on trying out something completely new and something you’ve always wanted to do!
- Year 2 - Be a Buddy to a loved one. After two years of hard work helping to build a great business and supporting colleagues, you can spend up to $500 treating a loved one.
- Year 3 - Why not today? Three years and it’s time to book that bucket list trip! You can spend up to $1000 on a holiday that you’ve always wanted to take.
- Year 4 - One month paid sabbatical. We’ve run out of values, so after four years of hard work it’s a month off to recharge and do whatever you’d like!
We hire the most talented people at Capital on Tap, and I’m so proud that we recognize our amazing colleagues in this way every year. Hearing about how people have used their anniversary rewards always makes me so happy!
How I've used my rewards
During my time at Capital on Tap I’ve loved receiving my annual anniversary reward each year. I used my second year reward to treat my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew to a trip to Legoland to say thank you for housing me during lockdown. For my third year reward, I treated myself to a lovely hotel in Cyprus!
As I approach year four, I’ll be taking a month off to travel to Brazil and Bolivia at the end of October. It’s been an amazing and crazy journey over the last four years. Capital on Tap was 65 people strong when I joined in London, and now we’re approaching 500 people across the globe! Thank you Capital on Tap for a wonderful four years, and here’s to the next four!