Your Capital on Tap business credit card is a valuable financial tool. But what if you could take it even further and boost your spending power beyond your credit limit? Now you can with our groundbreaking new Preloading feature.
Preloading allows you to top up your credit card balance with your own funds, and then use those preloaded funds together with your credit limit. This gives you greater flexibility in managing cash flow, taking advantage of 1% uncapped cashback, and more.
Best of all there are no fees to use the preloading feature, so you can take advantage of the benefits at no extra cost!
Benefits for small business owners
Preloading offers a number of valuable benefits for Capital on Tap business credit card holders:
- Earn 1% uncapped cashback - Get 1% cashback on every pound spent, including your preloaded funds. There are no limits.
- Increase your spending power - Preloading lets you boost your balance beyond your credit limit so you can keep spending when you need to. Never worry about hitting your limit again.
- Pay down balances faster - Prepay pending balances immediately to free up credit and simplify accounting.
- Smooth cash flow - Combine credit card and preloaded funds for seamless spending and cash flow management.
- Simple accounting - All spending shows on one monthly statement, both credit and preloaded.
- Instant availability - Top up your card and see funds available almost instantly.
- Flexibility - Preload as much or as little as you need, whenever you need. No restrictions.
Preloading gives unmatched flexibility and control over expenses.
How Preloading works
Preloading is a free feature available to all our business credit card customers and takes a few minutes to set up. You can watch the video below to learn more.
First, log into your account and sign the preloading agreement, which you can find here.
With your agreement signed, you're ready to begin preloading your account with funds for your business. Simply transfer funds into your account by adding Capital on Tap as a payee in your online banking. Just follow the steps below to get started.
- Head to the Payments tab in your account and click ‘One-off Payment Details’.
- From there, click ‘Transfer to Capital on Tap’ to get the account details.
- Copy these details and use them to add Capital on Tap as a payee in your online banking.
- Make sure to remove the old Capital on Tap bank details from your payees list to avoid errors.
Remember, you can only transfer from the bank account we have on file for you. You can verify this by checking your account details here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I sign?
All you need to do is head to the portal or app and go to 'Your Account' then 'Rates and Contracts' to sign your E-Money Facility agreement. After you have done this you will be able to start preloading instantly taking advantage of all the perks this gives you.
Why do I need to sign an E-Money Facility Agreement?
When you give us your money this money will then become ‘E-Money’ and therefore we are subject to specific rules around how we safeguard your money. In order for us to do this we need you to sign an E-Money Facility agreement setting out how we will handle your money.
Can I transfer my money back?
If you change your mind about using preloading, we can refund any unspent funds to your business bank account. Just give us a ring at any time on 020 8962 7401 and our friendly customer service team will be happy to help.
How is my money protected?
If you become a Preloading customer with us, any funds you send to us, that take your account into credit, will be treated as E-Money and be subject to the safeguarding requirements set out in the Electronic Money Regulations, we are authorised as an E-Money Institution with the FCA.
Capital on Tap is not a bank and your funds are not protected in the same way that a bank would protect your funds, instead we place these funds into a separate bank account that protects your money and allows its safe return to you in the event that Capital on Tap becomes insolvent or otherwise closes down.