Open Banking Sandbox Environment
We provide a sandbox environment to allow developer testing against our API.
1) Register your Application with the Open Banking Directory Sandbox https://www.openbanking.org.uk/providers/directory/
2) Register your Application with us. Send an email to email@example.com with your Open Banking ID and we will get back to you with a client id and secret to be used when authenticating.
3) Call the sandbox API.
The process for authorisation is this:
1) Call our token endpoint to get a token and refresh token for your application. Pass in your client id and secret.
2) Request access to a specific customer's account
3) The customer grants access to the account (in the sandbox we will simulate this)
4) Check the status of the consent request
If it is authorised, we will give you back an authorisation code.
5) Call our token endpoint again to get a token and refresh token wich grants access to that customer's data
6) Use this token to access our Open Banking APIs.
API Endpoints available in the Sandbox
Account Information API
Retrieve a list of customer consented accounts
Retrieve information about a specific account
Balance Information API
Retrieve the balance information for a specific account
Transaction Information API
Retrieve a list of transactions against a specific account
*If you want to find out more about Open Banking, read our guide here.